Publicado em 6 de janeiro de 2006
Introduction – Profile of the Participants – Plan - Tentative Schedule of Charter Diffusion - Meetings and Facilitators
Documentation of the Planning Meetings
In 2004, SANLAKAS Quezon City leaders held a discussion on the Charter of Human Responsibilities. Outcome of the discussion was a Code of Ethics of Grassroots Leaders. This year, the same leaders is endeavoring to come disseminate the Charter to leaders of other sectors, get their feedback on the contents and discuss if the Charter has applicability and relevance to their sectors.
The objectives of the project are to:
Diffusion methodological approach
On the basis of critical understanding of the major issues confronting us today, the thrusts and direction of the Diffusion Meetings with the other sectors are geared to the following:
1. Profile of the Participants: It was noted that the purpose, objectives and principles of the Charter on Human Responsibilities define the needs, concerns and prospects for development of the various sectors. Thus, the meetings should enable them to understand current issues related to social, economic, political, cultural situations so as to recognize relevant actions and response. It is important to know where they are coming from and their perspectives.
2. The process of development education for critical awareness should involve individuals and groups in identifying sectoral issues and concerns on basis of justice, equality and dignity for all.
3. The promotion of the Charter of Human Responsibilities and the Code of Ethics should highlight its utilization in intensifying specific social issues and campaigns, both global and national concerns.
4. Organize and strengthen focus discussion groups on dialogue with people working for justice and peace, thereby enhancing global solidarity.
5. Support efforts for alliance work and solidarity to enable the people to freely express their views in the light of the present challenges and opportunities.
Tentative Schedule of Charter Diffusion Meetings and Facilitators
Each group of facilitators made a plan on how to conduct the Diffusion Meeting in their assigned sectors. The plan included:
The leaders also requested that a next meeting be held November 12 for a dry-run of the Diffusion meeting.
Documentor: Thess P. Ileto Coordinator: Flora Santos
1. William Cerdena SANLAKAS